- 14th October
- 9th April
- 22nd March
- 12th March
Hi, I’m a librarian and I want to improve Tumblr with these words: Please DO tag your hate.
I know tags are places, spaces, communities—but tags are also subjects, topics, indexes of content. If your hate is about a particular show or ship, please tag it accordingly. When I learn about a new show by looking in its tag, I can learn more if I see the hate and the love together.
What if none of the books about how much Hitler sucked could be found by looking up “Hitler” because the authors and librarians had all respectfully avoided using his name?
What if you were trying to decide whether to buy a toaster online and you could only see positive reviews on the product page, and you had to work harder to see the ones that say “it sucked at first, but then it was awesome for three whole years and then it was not as good but still pretty good”? Okay that was Babylon 5 not a toaster but whatever.
My point is, if your post is about how Babylon 5 sucks, please tag it “Babylon 5” and the fans will do the same with their posts about how awesome it is, and people will actually be exposed to varying opinions. And that’s a very good thing. Unlike stupid Homestuck, which, really, who cares.
- 20th February
- 10th February
- 22nd January
In addition to shaming his nation and his species by the list of actions he’s accused of…
- Forcible sodomy with a captain in Afghanistan.
- Engaging in sexual contacts with a captain by grabbing her without her consent.
- Disobeying an order from his superior officer, to cease all contact with a captain by calling her cellphone.
- Wrongfully engaging in an inappropriate relationship with a major.
- Using his rank and authority to “coerce and compel” a captain to maintain a sexual relationship and prevent her from ending the relationship.
- Attempting to engage in an inappropriate relationship with a first lieutenant.
- Having sexual intercourse with a captain and threatening her if she told anyone about their relationship.
…the brigadier general accused of these things, if he’s done any of them, has brought shame upon the good name of Commander Jeffrey Sinclair. His ancestors have been pilots since the Battle of Britain, but this guy is clearly no relation. So, to quote his successor: “Get the hell out of our galaxy!”
- 28th December
- 29th November
- 29th November
Folks have been conned into thinking they can’t change the world, have to accept what is. I’ll tell you something, my friends, the world is changing every day. The only question is, who’s changing it?